Have you ever posted something in a social media and later regret it? I have, at least several times on twitter where it took me minutes if not hours to figure out how to delete it. By the time i deleted, it was too late. People who followed me had already read it and retweeted. It was embarrassing.
I lost several friends that day as well as my credibility. I know i will make similar mistake in the future but at least now i know how to quickly delete it. I will share with you this little knowledge i acquired through trial and error. If you don’t want this to happen to you, here is a “Tweet deleting” crash course.
1. Login to your twitter account (i assume you have an account and if you don’t you can sign up, it is free)
2. Once you are in your account, you can do several things such as read tweets, write a tweet, retweet other people tweets or even setting up your profile.
3. Lets assume you wrote and posted something (like a tweet above) and soon you realize that you needed to edit or delete as a whole. What you do is check right below your tweet and you will find several other options that comes with it. An arrow pointing to the left, two arrows facing different direction , a star, a radio frequency like symbol, and three dots.
4. Click on the dots and it will give you several other options include ‘delete tweet”.
5. Click on “delete tweet” and you are done. The embarrassing tweet is gone, well at least from your wall. We don’t know if it will hunt you later because it’ll stay in the server somewhere forever.
6. Have fun tweeting! Remember to edit before you post. If you are not sure, do it offline first on something like a piece of paper or text edit.