Usually a removal of any application is an easy process in Mac but some applications won’t accept drag and drop process. These type of app files captures unnecessary space in your hard disk and sometimes start giving you unwanted errors. So here is how you remove stubborn apps easily as longer as they are not part of mac’s package. I mean you can’t remove iPhoto or iTunes from your computer but you can any other app you downloaded yourself.
1. See if it is located on a dock but if it is not then click launchpad to locate it.
2. Different apps will show-up in your launchpad and click the one you want to remove as though you want to use it. In this case i will use pocket as an example.
3. The app will open on your screen and will temporary sit on your dock.
4. Go ahead and click on it from a dock by pressing your finger a little harder on a mouse and a menu with different options will open. Click “options” and then choose “keep in dock”.
5. Now you can quit the program from your monitor but your application will be seen on both dock and the launchpad.
6. From a dock, click on an app again like you did earlier to get different options and this time choose “options” then “show in finder”.
7. A new window will open. Locate the app and in this case i’ll locate pocket.
8. With one finger on a mouse, use the other finger to drag it into the trash. A pop up window will ask for your computer’s user name and password to make sure you have an authority to make changes on the computer you are using. Enter that info correctly and click ok.
10. Now go to a trash to empty it. It’s done. Yah!